Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Weird Al Yankovic...Is Coming To Town!

*

I think he's generally accepted as one of the good people on the planet, even if you don't like his music, his videos, his hair--it's hard to not like the man. He is scandal-free. He doesn't discuss politics in public, and as far as I can tell, he seems like he would be the same person whether or not he was famous. 

We've all heard that no two snowflakes are alike, and even though I believe that snowflake thing has been proven a hoax, it still makes us feel all warm and fuzzy that we are somehow different from the other seven plus billion people out there. But when I think of Mr. Yankovic, I bet there's no one else quite like him.


You might not know it, but Weird Al and myself have a few things in common. We both played the accordion in our youth. We both couldn't wait for Dr. Demento's radio show to come on each week. Okay, that's where the similarities end. Al has amazing hair. I don't. Al kept playing the accordion. I didn't. And not only did he enjoy the Dr. Demento radio show, he did what it took to get on that program. And thus an unlikely star was born.

I've been fortunate enough to attend the Salt Lake Comic Cons. I hope I've been able to contribute to the overall enjoyment of the patrons. One thing I've not done is spent a lot of time around the celebrities. it's not that I don't like them or wouldn't want to spend time in their presence. It's just I'm usually doing other things. Sure, I'd love to interview the man, spend time with him and ask him questions. But I know that thousands of people will be able to do that this coming March. If you want information on dates and ticket prices, click: HERE

Yes, Weird Al is coming to town--it's a St. Patricks Day miracle!

*Photo used without permission from: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/portfolio-item/weird-al-yankovic/?cc=WEIRDALTW

No comments:

Post a Comment