Sunday, January 1, 2017

So, It's A New Year...


If you're like me, you've seen many posts and opinions about the year that's been. Most couldn't wait until 2016 was in their rearview mirror. They had a terrible year, nothing but doom and gloom. Of course, others countered by commenting that 2016 was either a fantastic year for them, or at least, a year that wasn't that bad. The "half empty/half full" analogy was used often.

For me, 2016 was an amazing year. 

Then again, so was 2015.

And 2014, and 2013...

You get the idea.

I don't feel I'm one of those people that feel everything is rainbows and unicorns. I like to think of myself as a realist, someone who tries to look at many sides and understands life is more than a headline or a predominant opinion. I'm not always right, but I'm trying. So, was last year (and those other years...) really amazing? I can honestly say, yes. My family's been safe, we've had a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. I've had success with my writing, performing, and photography. Of course, there have been ups and downs--there always is.

So many have bemoaned 2016 as a terrible year. There was an election like none of us have ever seen before, and the news of passing celebrities came and went almost on a daily basis. Such is a living in a world with instantaneous news. I don't know what the future will bring, but I have a feeling that those who so hated 2016 will most likely dislike a lot of what 2017 gives them. And those who had a good year or an okay year in 2016 will probably have the same time of year in the next twelve months.

Such is life. At least, I hope so because that will mean, 2017 should be another amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment