Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Instant Pot...A Great Buy


A few months ago my wife ordered a new appliance. At our house, we're not anti-new appliances, but we do have a lack of counter space so any new appliance better be worth it, or it just takes up valuable real estate.

Well, as far as new appliances go, my wife hit a home run.

Apparently, she's not the only one. It seems there's a boom in popularity for pressure cookers. In fact, on one website my wife showed me, someone said that the first thing you'll want to do once you get one of these silver beauties, is get a second one.

I should say that I don't do a lot of food preparation in our home. I should do more, I know. So, I can't say with specifics just how miraculous this this cooker is. I do know it's very fast, cooking food that takes several hours in an oven in a fraction of the time (that sounds like ad copy...). My wife has praised it over and over since we got it, and so have many of those with whom she's corresponded.

Today it was used to prepare the Sunday dinner, as it has faithfully done time and time again. After dinner I took a picture to use for this post, but I had to take another one because in the first shot, it looked like I was cooking two of my children in the Instant Pot.

We'd never us it for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment