Sunday, October 28, 2018

I Don't Know Why...But I'm Getting Fewer And Fewer Hits


Back when I first started this blog--back when the whole blogging fad was fading pretty fast--I used to keep tabs on my blog stats. It was fun and kind of amazing that I could write something, post it online, and almost the entire world could access it. 

Turns out only a very small sliver of the world checked it out.

And I've always been okay with that. I learned pretty quickly that my blog would not rock the internet and like a siren's song, beckoning throngs of visitors to see what amazing things I published. I don't think I ever thought they would, but...hey, it's the internet and things go viral all the time.

I said from the beginning that this blog is more for me, to keep me writing, to keep a daily digital journal. That's what I've done for almost eight years. I know that some of my posts have touched people and helped people, but most of my posts are just random thoughts that allow me to keep up a daily habit of writing.


So, I'm okay with having a few people check out the blog. I've always checked to see how many have accessed each entry. Something happened the end of October, though. And I'm not exactly sure what. I used to get around a hundred views a day, sometimes more, and sometimes less, but it was usually around a hundred. Now, I'm getting half that much and many times less. 

Again, I'm okay with the views. Writing daily means you can't always hit home runs and I many times don't have the time to write daily home runs. Still, I'd like to know why the numbers dropped. I'm wondering if the hundred was the norm, or if I only got around forty or so hits a day.

I'll keep writing. Who knows--things may pick up, or they might stay the same. If my goal is to post something everyday, then the number of people who read this doesn't really matter.

However, if you're reading this, thank you! I hope it's been worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment