Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Obligatory Halloween Blog Post...


My wife and I stood outside out house tonight as we waited for the ever-diminishing number of trick-or-treaters to stop by.

"I love Halloween," I told her. Looking at the carved pumpkins on the front stairs, feeling the chill in the air. It reminded me of when I went door-to-door for candy as a child and when my wife and I took around our kids to the neighbor's homes on the last night of October.


It's been years since we went trick-or-treating with the kids, but each year we've carved pumpkins and decorated the house--not overly, but enough. And for the past several years I've taken the day off work. This year was no different. It's something I look forward to each year, staying home all day to help the family get ready for the holiday.

The kids are hopefully getting warn inside their homes thinking of all the treats they'll consume in the next couple of days. Tomorrow we'll toss the pumpkins (unless they get chucked before that...) and put away the decorations. They'll sit for a year until it's time to pull them out again.

Yes--I do love Halloween.






No comments:

Post a Comment