Friday, October 19, 2018

The Reason Why I Keep A Daily Record...


Yesterday Facebook reminded me that I posted a picture of my sister five years ago. I remember that my wife and I went out for a date night meal at Iggy's, a local sports restaurant. I think we had ordered take out and we ran into my sister sitting alone in a booth.

It's always great to see my sister now and then. We asked her what she was up to.

"I'm waiting for a blind date," she said.

I don't remember exactly what we said after that, but I'm pretty sure "good luck" was one of the things. Fast forward five years and now my sister shares her last name with the man who was to be her blind date. My sister and Frank were married in August. I used that photo as my Pic Of The Day for October 18, 2013.


There's a couple of things I do everyday--well, more than a couple, but as far as chronicling each day I write in a journal--every day, write a blog post--every day, and post a picture online--every day. Most days my journal entries are similar--worked, stuff I did after work--went to bed. The blog posts are more varied, but sometimes, not much. The Pic Of The Day can be similar, too--pictures of our pets, our kids, our flowers, and the food I eat. 

But every once in a while, I'll write something in my journal, or blog something, or post a picture that ends up being more than what it appears at first. No one, not me, my wife, my sister, or her date knew that five years later, they'd be married. 

Tonight I'm going to write in my journal, finish this blog post, and put up another picture. I have no idea if anyone will read my journal post, look up this blog post, or find any significance in the picture five years from now. Then again, you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment