Monday, October 22, 2018

Well Played Best Buy...Well Played


We don't go to too many grand openings. I mean, what's the point, really? We aren't big shoppers and the usual trinkets businesses dangle in front of the public whenever a new store opens don't entice us. But a new store opened up at our local shopping center and last Saturday, I thought we ought to check it out.

I believe the Best Buy opened the day before. I saw a sign announcing its grand opening earlier in the month. We had a few minutes to kill Saturday morning and I suggested we go. We got in the van, drove the few miles separating us from the store and went inside. Before we did, we noticed not one, but two Cupbop Korean BBQ in a Cup food trucks parked outside.

"Make sure you pick up lunch on your way out," a Best Buy employee in a blue shirt said to us as we crossed the street to enter the store. We waved and nodded. Then he added, "It's free--lunch on Best Buy."


Um...that's the kind of grand opening trinket we love. We went inside and the store was beautiful. There's a temporary store a few doors down that sells Halloween costumes, displays, make-up, and anything associated with scaring people. Best Buy is a much scarier store than that one. It's got electronics, games, cameras, computers--basically, all the adult toys I love.

We didn't buy anything--as per our usual shopping pattern at a new store. But we did take advantage of the free lunch special from Cupbop. I've never had Korean BBQ before. I'll have it again, if given the chance, and I'll pay for it, too.

I didn't see any blockbuster deals inside the store. If they were there, we missed them. But we did have lunch on Best Buy. For us, it was a good way to introduce us to our new neighbors. Well played, Best Buy...well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment