Thursday, October 4, 2018

Prepare To Scare...


Last Friday the Acquisitions Editor at my publisher asked what everyone was planning to do for the weekend. The answers varied, attending a comic con, chaperoning at a high school dance, other writing-related activities.


Me?

I said I'd be scaring the crap out of people.

And that's just what I did.

And that's what I'm going to be doing this weekend, too.


Also last Friday, I took out my camera and snapped a couple of pictures as we prepared for our shows. My son made sure the chainsaws were ready for the show he house manages. I saw a few of the people assigned to one of the several haunted houses at the amusement parks and they graciously posed for me. And a friend, Colton, snapped a picture of me before the show I'm in started. Colton and members of his family attended that particular Séance session. It was a good one.

Friday's are different from going to the part-time job on Saturdays or Sundays. When me and the kids get to the part on Saturdays and Sundays, we're arriving after the park's been open for several hours. But on Fridays, we arrive before the park opens, before the public has a chance to roam and enjoy.


It's cool seeing everyone walking to their stations in full character. Usually employees in costume must be covered up if they're not at their station. 

I've not had the opportunity to go through any of the other haunted houses on the park. I should, but haven't had the time. People will ask me, as we wait for the next Séance to begin, how our show compares with the other attractions, or they'll ask about how scary are the other haunted houses. I can't tell them. But there are hundreds of employees, kids who love dressing up as ghost, goblins, witches, spooks and spectres, all ready to entertain and scare. 

And tomorrow night, we'll do it all over again.

2 comments: