Saturday, September 7, 2019

How Was My Weekend? This One Picture Says It All...


I'm home and my head is buzzing. My feet are sore, my eyes are tired, and my ears keep expecting to hear the low rumble of thousands and thousands of people under one roof. It's an overall feeling I've experienced may times since 2013. It's the sheer exhaustion you feel after a major comics convention has ended.

A common question I've been asked while at the con, and one I often times ask my fellow convention attendees is this, "How's your con going?"

Mine can be summed up in one picture. It's the one posted above. It's a picture showing what a portion of the convention floor looked like around 3:15 this afternoon. It's a picture of success.

On the left side of the picture is a stage. It's small and looks even smaller surrounded by patrons. On that stage are three individuals, two contestants and one M.C. It's FanX's first ever Cosplay Lip Sync Battle Finals. And they were worth the wait.

I was worried about this one--so was the person in charge. We had two preliminary rounds Thursday and Friday, but today was the big one, the whole enchilada.

And it was brilliant.

We thought our fans might get into the spirit of what we were doing, and when a Freddie Mercury look-alike donned the stage and lip synced the entire Bohemian Rhapsody song, the crowd sang along with him. It was amazing and I loved helping in a small way bringing this experience to our guests. Thanks Howie and your team for all the hard work, thanks to Liz for everything, and thanks Blake for letting us prepare a line-up that worked so well. 

All I can say at this point is I'm beat, but just wait until next year--we're going to blow your socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment