Monday, September 23, 2019

If You're Looking To Write A Fun Halloween Story...Check This Out!


I can't remember where I saw it, but I sold my first story after seeing a post for submissions. It was for a steampunk anthology. I wrote a story, submitted it, and it was accepted. That simple act started me on an incredible journey. I admit, I'm not the most prolific writer, nor have I sold dozens of stories or written numerous novels, and I am working to continue that journey, but it was my start, and I'm so glad I took a chance.

A friend of mine began a podcast earlier this year. I've written about it and encouraged those who would find it interesting to give it a chance. It's called, In The Telling podcast, created by Liz Christensen. The other day, Liz posted a request for stories and poetry. Here's what she put out there:

Be part of the "In the Telling" Halloween special! Submit your own original seasonal/holiday poems and short stories to be read by professional actors in a festive podcast episode! Family friendly poetry of any length, type and format will be considered. Family friendly short stories must have less than 5,000 word count. Multiple submissions encouraged.
Submit to: inthetellingpodcast@gmail.com by October 24th.
Subject line: Submission for Halloween Special
Be sure to include title and authorship credit with the submission.

I've said many times that we live in the most amazing time in the history of all publishing. I can write a book, publish it myself, and put it on the internet where billions of people can read it. That ability has never been possible for anyone ever before. And we don't give it a second thought. If I googled writing opportunities, literally thousands of responses would pop up. Liz's is yet another chance to allow yourself to be creative. 

So, if you're thinking about it, take a chance and give it a shot! You've got until 10/24/19, and if chosen, your creation will be brought to life by professional actors. How cool is that? You never know--it may be the start of an incredible journey of your own.

Photo by Valiphotos from Pexels

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete