Sunday, September 1, 2019

Should I Cosplay As One-Punch Man...Or Not?


Cosplay...it's all the rage. At least, it is with the thousands of people coming to the Salt Palace next weekend. It's amazing the creativity and ingenuity people come up with. I find the subject fascinating. In the past I've tried taking pictures of cosplayers at these conventions, and I have posted a few, but it's hard to keep up--you see something amazing and you turn around and there's twenty more just as amazing--or even more so--standing right behind them.

Maybe it's because some of the cosplay costumes are so incredible, I get intimidated. And even though I know you can do some great cosplay on the cheap, I think I'll need to spend a lot of money to get it right. Plus, what would I cosplay as?

How about "One-Punch Man?"


The first time I ever heard of One-Punch Man was while performing A Christmas Carol two years ago. A fellow cast member said I reminded her of him. Her kids watched the show. I checked it out, and expect for the carnage and rage contained in the character, I agree--there is a resemblance.

Of course, if I wanted to cosplay One-Punch Man, I'd want to do it right. I do have some similarities with the superhero. Neither of us appears to be able to grow any hair on our heads--including eyebrows. So, I'm halfway there. I would need a yellow jumpsuit, a black belts (with accompanying cool-looking belt buckle...), red calf-high boots, red gloves and a white cape. If I had all that, I might consider cosplaying as One-Punch Man.


Then, you've got to be the kind of person who likes to dress up and pretend to be someone else. I do this all the time on stage. Maybe it's because I have an entire cast surrounding me that I don't mind cosplaying there. I don't know. I've never been a "cosplay guy." And I don't have enough time to gather all the necessary items to make a cosplay I'd be proud of for the show next week.

Who knows...I might do it next time. Those who do seem to be having a blast. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment