Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Leo...


You know how your perspective changes when you're used to one thing then see something else? I remember, after living in Europe for a couple of years, I got used to the narrow streets, the small homes and apartments, pretty much everything.

When I returned, I walked into my childhood home, looked at the kitchen/dining room space, and said, "It's so big." My mother said that my older brother had the exact same reaction when he returned home after living in Japan for over a year. I had never thought of that space as "big" before, but when I got home, it was huge. The smallness of Europe had become normal.

The same thing happens to me when I see Leo. He's a tiny dog who lives close by. I'm sure he's not the tiniest dog in existence, but when you live with a standard poodle , a small dog looks tiny and a tiny dog looks so small, you wonder if it's actually a dog, and not something else.

Leo couldn't be cuter. He yaps a little (which you can barely hear...), so when you go over to him, he is so excited, he runs to the fence and waits for you to pet him. So, of course, that's what I did. As I walked away, he just stood there behind his little fence. I had to take a picture.

Being around a large dog, you get used to how big it is, how loud it is, how you can wear yourself out just by petting him. Looking at Leo, it changes your whole perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment