Monday, September 2, 2019

What Did I Write About Eight Years Ago Today? A Baseball Book...


It's Labor Day, the 2019 edition. I'm sitting in my front room very tired. I looked through my most recent photos seeing if there was anything I took a picture of that I wanted to blog about (a couple of the the phrases in that last sentence end in a preposition...). See? Told you I was tired.

I don't do it often, but occasionally I look back through the years of blog posts I've written. Sometimes, what I see gives me an idea for a new blog post. For fun, I thought I'd check out what I wrote about back on September 2nd, 2011.

Turns out I wrote about a baseball book.


I remember that book. I bought it at the DI (our local thrift store...). I bought it because it was signed by four people. I recognized one name, Yogi Berra, but not the others. After a few quick internet searches, I knew the book was more awesome than I originally thought. A few years ago I was doing a play with a person who watches, likes, and appreciates baseball much more than I do. I mentioned I had the book and he wanted to see it, so my wife and I drove out to his house. I ended up trading the book for a small guitar amp (the amp was small--it wasn't an amp for small guitars...).

When I go back and check those old blog posts, a couple of things stand out. First, many of them lack the photos I used when I originally wrote the blogs. Thankfully, the pictures on the post I wrote eight years ago today are still there. And second, people used to post comments on my blog. That's something that hardly ever happens now. I'm okay with it--I didn't start the blog, nor do I write the posts to get comments. If you're interested in reading the original post, you can click: HERE to access it.

Eight years, and I wrote about a baseball book, a book I no longer have.

No comments:

Post a Comment