Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Story/Stories From The Big Orange Couch...


If you were at the Salt Palace Convention Center today, you may have noticed something big, something orange, and something wrapped in plastic tucked in a corner outside the convention floor. To be honest, I most likely would have not given the orange blob a second thought had not my friend told me that it wasn't just a big orange blob.

It's a piece of history.

Sometime before tomorrow morning, the items will be moved, the plastic taken off, and it will be assembled in the celebrity green room for this weekend's FanX Comics Convention. What was sitting in a corner of the room, wrapped in plastic, is an orange couch and on that couch were dozens and dozens of autographs.

I had to get a closer look.


The first autograph I recognized was Sean Astin's. The plastic wrap made it difficult to see some of the signatures, and, of course, most I could not figure out who they were. I snapped some shots of those I did recognize--Chris Evans, Sean Gunn, Billy Boyd.


My friend and I tried looking for Stan Lee's or Carrie Fisher's. Had we the time, and access to the entire couch, we would probably have found them.


Today was a day to set up the show. People in the Salt Palace had things to do, stuff to set up, connections to make. Few had time to notice a collection of orange furniture sitting in a corner. Even fewer even knew what it was. I'm glad I decided to take a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment