Friday, September 27, 2019

That Time A Great Shot Just Drops In Your Lap...Or Camera


Exactly one week ago tonight, I found myself standing in the middle of an amusement park holding my dinner of German food in my hand and waiting for my daughter to finish up shutting down her show for the night.

A deep red light erupted from the stage and I saw it...a chance to snap a photograph.

And so I did.

I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Of course, digital photography is so much better when it comes to knowing if you got the shot or not than it used to be when we used film. No wonder one-hour photo places were so popular. It's almost inconceivable to think there was no way of knowing how a picture turned out until you developed the film.

Now, all you have to do is change from the camera app to the photo app, if you're using your phone, which I did last week.

This was my daughter's show--the show I do had its last show canceled because they were closing the park earlier than planned. Since I no longer had a show, I thought I'd go pick up dinner then my daughter and I would go home. I saw the red light flood the stage, I took a few shots, then came home and posted the best shot as my Pic Of The Day.

What I didn't see was how the stage looks like a big mouth, the ship's wheel being swallowed in a sea of red. Two lights hanging overhead look like eyes. To me, the picture captures the magic I've found performing on stage. Be it singing, dancing, or acting, the stage can provide an experience that can change lives.

I don't know if the one picture will change any lives, but for that brief moment, when I stood alone in a semi-deserted amusement park, I got a great shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment