Monday, September 30, 2019

Oh, How I Wish Trader Joe's Were Closer...But That Would Be Dangerous


Saturday, my daughter and I stopped by Trader Joe's--one of only three in our state. Each time I set foot in that store I wish--dare I say daydream--of a world in which one of their stores weren't twenty miles away from where we live.

What a wonderful world it would be.

But, would it really?

For us, the store is dangerous. Because of dietary needs and budgets, we don't buy a lot of food "luxuries." Maybe you're thinking, "I'm not sure if what they sell at Trader Joe's can be considered luxuries." I get it. I understand. What I mean by "luxuries," is this--food we don't have to buy and most likely shouldn't buy, but love to buy. For example, cookies, nacho corn chips, jellybeans, and dark chocolate orange sticks, just to name a few.


No, we shouldn't be buying those things. But when we find ourselves at Trader Joe's, they end up in our shopping cart. And we bring them home. And we eat them.

With gusto. 

It's a good thing we don't shop at the store more often.

Of course, if there were a Trader Joe's closer to us, I'm sure we would visit it more...like weekly, or daily, or hourly. Okay, not hourly, but you get the idea. We'd be there a lot more than we are now. Even though food at Trader Joe's is, for the most part, acceptable to our dietary needs, it's still a budget buster.

I suppose it's good they only have three stores in the state, the closest being half a dozen towns to the south. But when I dive into the Maple Leaf Cookies, I seriously re-think that opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment