Friday, September 13, 2019

So I Decided To Walk To Work...Then I Didn't


Last month the play my daughter and I were in closed. Since then, my exercise regimen has become non-existent. Sure, there was FanX Comic Con, but that was only one weekend. Turns out, some of my clothes have gotten more snug.

So, I decided to walk to work this afternoon. It's only a couple of miles away and it's all downhill. What could be easier? I get to work and get some exercise at the same time.

Except, I didn't.

It's still too hot.


I didn't want to end up at work all goopy and sweaty before my shift even started. I ended up getting a ride with my son. But, had I walked, I would have experienced a beautiful late summer afternoon. The mornings are crisp and the afternoons are no longer unbearable. 

For the next six weeks I'll be working the weekends. There'll be many other opportunities to get some exercise. Will I take them? It depends. But I know, if it's too hot, I most likely won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment