Sunday, September 22, 2019

It's Our Wedding Anniversary, And I Got My Wife...A Clean Sink


We met, started dating, got engaged, then married all in 1992. Today marks our twenty-seventh anniversary. What did I get my wife? Clean dishes.

Now, I don't want to give you the wrong impression. Doing the dishes is not her job. We split those responsibilities. Dishes have always been a tough one for us. But we may have found a breakthrough. I've found that after a ten-hour work shift, doing dishes isn't that bad. It's nice to be able to do something physical after sitting all day, even though it's just dishes. 

Maybe we're different. Maybe we're like other couples. We don't forget our anniversary, but we also don't celebrate like other couples, or at least, the couples who post anniversary activities on social media. Perhaps the way we celebrate wouldn't work for other people, but it's worked for us. Tonight, we didn't go anywhere--I had to work. Normally, we go out for a nice meal at a restaurant. Again, had to work, plus it's Sunday. We'll go another night.

There's many ways to show appreciation, to celebrate. For us, being together works. But for today, doing a couple of loads of dishes was my gift. Happy anniversary, babe! Sure do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment