Saturday, August 31, 2019

Updating...The Other Blog


It's time.

After months and months...

It's time.

Time to update my other blog.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have another blog that I've basically ignored for a long time. I know people who used to blog quit often, but for one reason or another, they just stopped updating it. I bought my domain name years ago. As an author, you do things like this to protect and establish your brand. I still think it's important to have and to keep.

There's a couple of reasons why I stopped updating that blog. First, there's this blog. And when you write a daily post, as I've been fortunate enough to continue, the other one sort of gets forgotten. Then, there's my writing success. It's not like there are thousands of people searching my name wanting to know when the next book launch is. That may happen one day, but today is not that day.


Another thing you find out when you haven't checked up on the other blog for a long time (and when you turn off your notifications...) is it seems a lot of people have been commenting on my blog. I have 20, 698 comments on my blog. I've not responded to any of them. I sure hope there's a "mass delete" option on the website. In scanning only a couple, I'm sure they have no idea who I am, what I do, or even what my blog is about. I suppose that's only fair--I know nothing of who they are. The difference being, I'm not interested enough to respond.

I know I can stick with something. I'm thinking of updating that other blog at least once a week. I'm thinking maybe Sundays would be a good day to do that. Hopefully, I'll have enough interesting things--or semi-interesting things--to write about to keep it going. If you'd like to follow along, just click: HERE, or go to scottwilliamtaylor.com for all the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment