Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Had A Vegetarian Dinner Last Night...


As forks dropped upon empty plates, I sat back, a stomach full of food. It wasn't until dinner was over I realized, I had eaten a vegetarian meal...

No meat.

It wasn't vegan, because the meal included milk and eggs--I don't think I've ever had a vegan meal in my entire life. Maybe, but probably not. As you can see from the pictures, the meal we had was birthday cake, and we washed it down with homemade mint chocolate ice cream with mint chocolate Newman-o's. 

Yesterday, we celebrated our youngest's fifteenth birthday. His actual birthday is today. After work last night, we loaded up the van and saw Toy Story 4 (personally, I think the way Toy Story 3 ended was wonderful, and Toy Story 4 could have been a stand-alone move on its own, but that's a topic for another blog post...). The movie got over around 7:30pm, so we all came home and had cake and ice cream.


The homemade cake and ice cream was so good and so filling, any cravings for other normal dinner-type foods (with meat in them...) couldn't get through. I was starving this morning when I got up for work, but it was worth it.

I know millions of people are vegetarians and vegans and I applaud their self-control and dedication to a cause. I'm not trying to make light of their way-of-life choices. It's just not me. But, on a warm summer evening on the eve of my son's birthday, I had a vegetarian dinner.

And it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment