Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Happy Birthday, Sis! Here's A Pirate Ditty...Again!


I've only got two siblings--for Utah, that's a low number. Only having two siblings means it's easy to remember their birthdays. Today is my sister's birthday. I wanted to give her a "Happy birthday" message on social media.

But she beat me to it.

Five years ago, in the summer, I was involved in a community theater production of Peter Pan. It's interesting because this summer I was involved in another community theater production of Peter Pan. Once again, I played a pirate (Jukes, this time, not Checco...). There were several of us in both shows, same director, same choreographer, same great time.

My sister shared with me a video I originally shared with her on her birthday five years ago. I thought it would be fun to let you all see it. But be warned...for some reason the recording sounds terrible on the blog post. I mean, we weren't trying to sound good, but we definitely sounded better than that. If you can't stand to let the video finish, I completely understand.

We did a good show, five years ago. I remember our pirate band--we were a jolly lot. For fun, I had a few of us record a "happy birthday" song for my sister. One of the pirates, the one closest to me, is no longer with us. It's a shame, for many reasons, one of which is patrons no longer can see him entertain on the stage, and another is we are unable to have Parker Hedin as a fellow cast member. I sure miss him. Like I said, a terrible shame.

But, on a happier note, it's my sister's birthday (I won't tell you how many she's had...). Happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful, and I hope it's the beginning of your best year ever! Love you, sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment