Thursday, August 15, 2019

Football...It's Back, Baby!


There's a couple of games on right now. Well, one game, another a pre-season contest. Pre-season games aren't really games, even though it's the biggest league in professional football. I mean, I'll watch a pre-season game, if there's nothing else on. 

But, there is another game on. High school football has begun.

I don't know everything about football, on any level, but I know that Utah, even though we have some good athletes, isn't the hotbed of football talent in the country. So, as I watch the Orem Tigers battle the Corner Canyon Chargers on a Thursday night, I don't know if this is a premier game with premier players, or not. I do know some look pretty good, but without a trained eye to say, "yeah...number 12 is going to be great," I don't really know what I'm talking about.

That doesn't stop me from enjoying the game, though. For the past couple of months, many of my evenings were spent at the theater preparing for, then performing Peter Pan, an incredibly fun experience. Now, I have more evenings open, and the timing couldn't be better.

As the season transpires, a game like this might not draw my attention, but when you haven't seen a real American football game in over half a year, well...this game is fantastic. I watched as the Corner Canyon quarterback back-peddled, then stepped up into the pocket, cocked his arm then let the ball fly. The receiver reached for it, caught the ball, and hauled it in for a touchdown.

Amazing!

Except for the holding penalty behind the line of scrimmage which negated the touchdown and brought the ball back.

Yes, football's back! I say, bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment