Sunday, August 4, 2019

Steven Heumann's "Jaxon And The Perpetual Nano-Plant"... A Short Book Report


A few weeks back I attended a writing conference, SpikeCom. I met some wonderful writers and readers. Conventions are an amazing place to connect with like-minded people. Some conventions are better than others at allowing the chance to meet people. SpikeCon was one of those conventions. It's where I met Steven Heumann and where I bought one of his short stories.

Jaxom and the Perpetual Nano-Plant

Steven's an interesting guy. He worked previously as a television reporter. Now he's a published author working hard to make his writer dreams come true. He had several books for sale, but I didn't have a lot of cash so I picked up a short story. I finished it yesterday. It's a great little tale.

Jaxon is a janitor. He works for a tech company in Chicago. What he doesn't know is that there's something being developed in those offices that has the potential for great destruction. And since every interesting story must have conflict, Jaxom finds himself running for his life through the streets of Chicago.

I love how Heumann packed so much in such a short story. Baddies are trying to get the plant and because of them, death and destruction are unleashed on the city. A quick custodian's mind helps Jaxom and his boss escape perilous situation after perilous situation. But will they stop the murderous plant in time?

You really should check out the book yourself. You can order it by clicking: HERE. You can also check out his many other published works--he's got a lot.

I love meeting authors, many are in the same situation as myself. We're all trying to get those stories out to others, trying to bring fascinating stories to readers wherever they may be. I found one of those stories at a convention. I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment