Thursday, August 29, 2019

Mowing The Lawn...At Dusk


I often joke that our lawn looks best...

after it's freshly mowed...

and at night.

Turns out tonight, it's both--recently mowed and night.

I am not a yard guy. I know I've written that several times in the history of this blog. I keep writing it because it's true. And I think the yard knows because it seems that every time I go to work in it, it fights back. My allergies make it a tough thing to do. Usually, I mow the lawn before the sun rises on a day I don't work. Tonight, I thought I'd see if things are better mowing at night.

Turns out, it was a little better, except I had to hurry as the light of day disappeared into the west. The above picture was snapped after mowing the last patch of lawn.

There are some sections I won't know how I did until tomorrow morning. It was so late when I stopped. Another reason I was mowing was because there's a big game on and watching the game live makes me a little nervous. In fact, the game is on as I write this--another diversion.

Before I headed out to battle the millions of grass plants, my wife and I discussed buying one of those rider mower things. At least one neighbor has one--it looks nice. Am I supposed to buy a rider mower as I get older to make the chore of mowing easier? If so, I doubt I'll be joining the rider mower club. Our self-propelled model works just fine.

Even though I saw it's a joke that my lawn really looks good after it's mowed and at night, it is really true. And if you drive by right now, you could see for yourself. You may not see too much, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment