Friday, August 2, 2019

Living In Different Worlds...


Things are ramping up and I'm being stretched. It's like I'm living in many different worlds. That happens when you get involved in activities other than the biggies: work and home life.

I've got no one by myself to blame.

Back in 2013, a friend asked me if I wanted to be part of the inaugural Salt Lake Comic Con. Of course, I said "yes." I'm glad I did. Attending and participating in every Salt Lake Comic Con and FanX ever held has afforded me incredible memories and opportunities. The people I've met have become important in my life. I can't imagine being able produce the stories I've written without them.

As I write this post, I'm sitting in a theater green room waiting for the Ogden Musical Theatre production of Peter Pan to begin. It's one of the other worlds I live in. Right now, much of the hard part of this world has come and gone. We've survived rehearsals and tech week. Now, we're in the middle of the run so it takes up my nights and weekend.

Soon, this world will end and the other will get even bigger.

Right after FanX ends, I'll hopefully begin another acting gig, one I've done for a couple of years. It's not guaranteed--I can be replaced at any time--but I hope that doesn't happen. The pay's good and I enjoy the show and the people I work with. 

Then, there's my writing.

I've shared my story ideas with my wife--almost all my ideas. She's been incredibly supportive offering advice and suggestions. Her influence can be seen in almost every story I've written. She and I discussed a story idea the other night and I'm excited to see where that goes. That world is a world I want to spend more time in. It's that world where I feel something calling to me, drawing me in. Time will tell, of course, but the stories are out there. I've just got to grab them and put them down on paper.

As with all worlds, they sometimes collide. It feels that way now. But, as some worlds go away, I'll have time to focus on fewer and fewer. I'll keep you posted how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment