Saturday, August 17, 2019

How To Make A Writer's Day...


The other day, I was checking out social media sights (as I'm occasionally wont to do...), and I came across a very cool visual post. My writer friend Rachel took a picture of her children's bookshelf. They arranged it by color and it was awesome!

But, because I know they are one of the few people on this earth that have a physical copy of my middle-grade scifi novel, Chaser, I did a little search.

Blue--the cover of my book is mostly blue. At first, I didn't see it. Then, tucked in between classics from Roald Dahl and Brandon Mull, I spotted it--Chaser

Believe me--it made my day!


I think almost every author will tell you that they wished more of their books were out in the public. I hope to get more copies of Chaser into as many hands as possible. I put in a new order just today to prepare for next month's Salt Lake FanX Comic Convention. I plan to do a book signing, which should be fun. Actually, doing book signings and talking to people about my book. and about writing in general, is always fun.

This past week I ordered the audiobook of Rachel's debut novel, Shattered Snow. I've started it, but have not yet finished it. So far, it's excellent! We have several bookshelves with kids books in our house. Unless I actually buy a copy of her book, I can't replicate a picture of one of our bookshelves and have the same effect. I suppose I could put my iPad among the other books then take a picture...hardly the same thing.

I wonder if other authors represented in this literary display would feel as good about seeing their published works included as I did. I imagine they word, regardless of how many copies they've sold or how successful they are. Having sold dozens of copies or millions, I'm thinking any author would be proud knowing the impact they've had on even one person. Thanks Rachel for posting and thank your kids for including me in their shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment