Thursday, August 8, 2019

Spudsy's...It Is Not




Before this summer, I didn't spend a lot of time in Ogden. Okay, that's not entirely true. I did work in a state government building across the street from the iconic Ogden Municipal Building for a couple of years, but I didn't spend a lot of time checking out the city. Since it was work, I went in before most people arrived at work, and left before the traffic got bad. 

One thing I didn't do then was check out places to eat.

That changed this summer when my daughter and I were cast in the Ogden Musical Theatre production of Peter Pan. I may have mentioned it a time or two on this blog. Because we arrive at the theater around dinner time, we've checked out a few of the local eateries close by. One of them was Brixton's.

I tried it out the other day.

It was good.


Each time I saw the restaurant (we pass by it each time we enter and leave the theater...), I thought of the TV show, The Middle. If you are not familiar with the show, all three of the children worked at a fast food restaurant at the mall named Spudsy's. The restaurant was basically a potato bar, and it was the butt of many jokes, most centering on the many varied ways a potato meal can be produced--most sounding extremely unappetizing.

I kept thinking of Spudsy's whenever I passed Brixton's and I kept thinking I just had to go there--at least once--before we close the show this weekend.

Earlier this week, I did.

When you consider all the different types of fast food, a baked potato is an excellent choice. Of course, a person needs to like potatoes to begin with. Fortunately, I do. I went with the bacon and cheddar meal--good eats, if I don't say so myself.

I have no idea how many Brixton's restaurants are out there. It might be hundreds...it might be only a handful. They way Spudsy's was portrayed on The Middle, it wasn't a place anyone would want to visit. Thankfully, Brixton's isn't Spudsy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment