Friday, August 9, 2019

Lorin Clarke's "The Fitzroy Diaries"...Delightful!


I listen to a few podcasts--not as many as I once did (something had to give...). Because I listened to an episode of The Truth earlier this week, I heard a recommendation for another podcast called The Fitzroy Diaries.

With my curiosity piqued, I checked it out.

It was delightful.

Currently, there's only eight episodes, each under fourteen minutes in length. I listened to them all while at work. These original eight are only the first season. Per Lorin Clarke's website, which you can access by clicking: HERE, the next season is due out October, 2019.

The podcast is not like any I've heard before. It's a work of fiction--which I have heard before--but the fictional podcasts I've heard before have focused on some supernatural event. I like those, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing supernatural about these diaries. You hear of a woman from Australia describe the goings on around her, all culminating in a party at the end of the week.

What caught my attention was the simple conversation (one-way, of course...) you have with the narrator (who also wrote and produced the entire thing...). She tells you of her day. It's intimate and person and wonderful. I was captivated from the first episode.

This is an Australian production. There's a few swear words--even, I believe, an F-bomb hidden in an underscored rant from a neighbor, so there's that. If you wish to be part of this world and if you like podcasts and you have a little extra time, check out The Fitzroy Diaries. Just give the first episode a listen. If you're like me, you'll finish them all and will look with anticipation for the next batch coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment