Monday, August 19, 2019

Adding Theater Flair...


We closed a show a week ago Saturday. Because people are good and creative, small gifts and trinkets were handed out both on opening and closing nights. I love it when people do that--I wish I could be more like them.

There's always a question of what you do with these mementos. I suppose some toss them away--appreciative of the thought, but not really a "saving things" type. Of course, we can't save everything we are given or that remind us of something or someone else. I think some people try, but it's a losing battle. There's just not enough space for everything.


Thankfully, a couple of the trinkets I received came with pins. I attached my Peter Pan pin, a pin with different colors--both I got on opening night--and a small metal acorn to my backpack where I already have a pin from when I did  Shrek and another from the Christmas Carol at Centerpoint Legacy Theatre. I've had those pins on my backpack for years.

Some people collect window decals and place them on their cars to tell everyone where they've been. Others collect other things that mean something special to them. Until the show ended, I didn't think I was a collector from shows I've done, but looking at my backpack now, I guess I am.

I can't say how many more trinkets and/or mementos I'll add to my collection. I can say that even though my collection is small, each item means something special to me. Here's to collecting theater flair!

No comments:

Post a Comment