Thursday, May 21, 2020

Metal Earth Figures...Very Cool Stuff!


The box sat on a shelf in my bedroom for almost a year and a half. I don't know why I waited so long to open the box. A few weeks ago we did some spring cleaning and the box rose from having things placed upon it to having its own spot.

It was time.


I first saw these incredible metal figures at a hobby store. There were all type of things, cars, spaceships, buildings. They're amazing! I didn't think of them again until Christmas Day, 2018 when my son gave me a double set, a Star Wars R2D2 and Millennium Falcon package.

So, so cool!


I think the quarantine got me thinking of putting them together. I started with the one I thought would be easier--R2D2. I was wrong. Still, it's nice to begin with the tougher one--makes doing the second one easier and more fun. Then again, I might have just gotten better at putting them together.

When I finished each one, I showed them to the wife and kids. They, like me, thought they were awesome. It's interesting--when I look at them, I see the imperfections, the joints that didn't quite fit together perfectly, the places I could have done better. I wonder if they saw them. Probably not. I know when I first saw the examples at the hobby store, I didn't see imperfections or poor craftsmanship.


The pieces are so small--I had to use magnifying glasses to finish them. And when I was done, my fingernails were all scratched up. 

No, I shouldn't have waited almost eighteen months to put them together. Maybe if I get more, I'll get started on them much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment