Monday, May 25, 2020

A Few Of The Flowers In Our Yard...


I've been taking pictures--and sharing the photos--of flowers in our yard, lately. And not just flowers--I've taken a lot of pictures of many things in our yard. That happens when we're home all the time. This afternoon we loaded up the car to head to the cemetery and I spotted a bouquet of flowers my wife gathered from the yard to take with us.

They were beautiful.

I don't know if it's because of the quarantine or just because we avoided it the past couple of years, but this spring we've spent a lot of time in the yard. I know, at least part of the work is influenced by the shut down. We've put in a garden--the biggest one we've planted in years. When you enter a store and see empty shelves--a first for me and my family--you think about things like growing your own food.

The daisies, the rose, the mini-irises, and other assorted flowers was a fitting tribute for my parents and my wife's father. Their graves are in our local cemetery. I know those three people loved this little town and I believe they appreciated seeing some of the beauty that's found here.

In a few weeks, some flowers will die and others will thrive. Eventually, the temperatures will cool, the daylight will shorten, and snow will blanket the land once again. But until then, I'm going to enjoy the beauty around me. And hopefully, so will others.

No comments:

Post a Comment