Thursday, May 14, 2020

For Sale...Pallet Grow Box...$40...Cat Not Included


Facing a world-wide health crisis, a person's mind can wander. "What if's" can fill your thoughts. What if this continues past the summer? What if there's no football this fall--college or pro? What if we run out of toilet paper? Many have already found out about that one.

And what if we need to grow our own food?


Years ago, we used to be crafty--not evil, but resourceful. My wife and I did a lot of finish work on our house. But, that was almost twenty years ago--we were much younger then, and we didn't wake up after working on a project wondering if our bodies could properly function.

Age has a way of doing that to a person.


My wife wanted some grow boxes and since we didn't want to spend a lot of money, she got on-line and did a little research. Turns out, regular pallets, properly re-assembled, can make some nice above-ground grow boxes.

Last Saturday, for Mother's Day, we decided to try and build one. 


We think it turned out great, so much so, I built another one and I'm putting my toe in the water to see if anyone would want to buy it. It holds about eight cubic feet of dirt. It's got natural drainage (no liner...) and what we call "side cars," small growing compartments for other plants, or marigolds--great for repelling bugs.

I'm asking $40. If you know pallets, you know it's not the best wood, but it should last for several seasons, and if you stain or paint it, it'll last longer. If you're interested, leave me a comment, or DM me on Facebook. And, no--the cat is not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment