Monday, May 18, 2020

Digging Up Old Stuff...Kids Think Dad's Cool


I thought the stuff was all thrown out--we went through a great purge a few years ago (we don't have a lot of space in our house and we can't keep everything...). I looked for my old books a few years ago and didn't find anything.

Turns out, I was wrong.


I found my original Dungeons and Dragons manuals, including my dice.

And my oldest son thought the book and modules were SO cool!

And, by extension, his old man.


My kids got interested in D & D a few years back. They bought all the things to play the games, the books, the dice, everything. Watching them play brought back so many memories. I was in jr. high school when my friends and I were introduced to the world created by Gary Gygax. We loved how the game didn't exist on a board, but in our collective minds. I haven't played the game in decades and I really should.


I showed the books and modules to my oldest. He dug right in and checked them out. He was impressed, so much so, he took pictures of each book and module and e-mailed them to his D & D group. Apparently, they were impressed, too.


I don't know how many other treasures are still undiscovered in the basement, probably, not too many. And I'm okay with that. After all, it's not necessarily the things you have that create happiness, but memories of good times sure can.



No comments:

Post a Comment