Wednesday, May 27, 2020

KSL Classifieds...For All Your Raised Garden Box Needs


Right now (and it not be this way for long...) if you click on KSL Classifieds and enter the words: "raised garden box" in the search box, you'll see a couple of items we assembled in our driveway. Yes--it's the grow boxes I've been building and blogging about over the past couple of weeks.

Last weekend I took it to a new level--I put an ad on KSL Classifieds. If you're not familiar with this service, KSL is a media concern here in Utah. They had such a market share in the twentieth century here, it was ridiculous. It's been decades since I follow market share so I have no idea how influential they are now, but several years ago KSL opened up a website--classifieds--and they pretty much put the newspaper classifieds out of business.

I can't remember ever putting anything on KSL Classifieds, though I may have long ago. 


When I hit "post" on the website and listed my boxes, I had a strange, but somewhat familiar sensation. It's the same feeling I had when I submit a story for publication. It was different, in obvious ways, but some tings were the same. I felt like I was putting something out there--someting that I made--for others to judge. With a story, that's my best stuff, the best I could do. With the boxes...well, I can't say it's my best work, but it wasn't supposed to be. It was a box made out of pallets that some may want to buy.

The ad's been up officially for our days. As of this writing, it's received 275 views (admittedly, many of them are from me...) and ten "likes," more than other more expensive and better constructed boxes.

But no sales.


And, that's okay. I'm actually building them for us, but if others want them, I can always make more. I wasn't sure if any one did--so far no one's contacted us through the classified website. If you want to check out my KSL Classifieds ad, click: HERE. It's been a fun experience figuring out how to put the boxes together, searching for materials, and building them. If nothing else, it's given me some exercise and an excuse to be outside on the weekends.

Yes, at KSL Classifieds, you can find almost everything you need...

And even things you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment