Monday, March 8, 2021

I Thought These Things Would Go Fast...I Guess Not


 I cannot believe how much stuff we had crammed into our old house. It's more than a little embarrassing. We moved most of it up with us, having sold some of it and donated some of it, but we still seemed to fill up the new house.

We don't need it all.

So, we're still giving stuff away.

Last week I blogged about a couch we had that needed to go. At the same time, I posted in our neighborhood church congregation Facebook page that we had a couch that needed to go to a good home. Later that day, a neighbor (that we had not yet met...) messaged us letting us know she wanted the couch.

Score!

A few days later, the couch was gone, hopefully being used by a new family. Great, we thought. What else can we put on the Facebook page that someone can use and bring great joy to yet another family or families? I know--we have a couple of IKEA reversible beds, disassembled, but all the parts (almost...) are there. I found a picture of what they looked like when assembled, and I even tracked down the PDF detailing the assembly instructions for whomever would want to come and get these cool beds. We posted the beds on Facebook, and...

Crickets.

We got the beds fifteen years ago. They served us well. The kids loved them when we first got them--they can either be raised and the kids can sleep above the ground and have a play place underneath, or they can be reversed and they can sleep on the ground with some storage underneath. It's a win-win-win in my book. I thought they'd get snapped up pretty quick, considering we have a lot of young families in the neighborhood.

Before we posted these items, I would have thought the beds would be more desirable and the couch would be something we'd end up donating to the local thrift store. Now, the couch is gone and the beds are in the garage waiting for their new owners. Strange how things work out sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment