Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Chocolate Prayer Hands...Never Saw That Before


 At first, I thought seeing chocolate prayer hands was weird. I mean, it's not unusual to see seasonal chocolate items around Easter (and Christmas, and Halloween, and any other holiday they can sell all things chocolate...). But, I'd never seen chocolate prayer hands before.

Then I thought...

Why is that weird?

Since as long as I can remember, Easter has always been associated with chocolate and other tasty treats. Easter morning we found countless calories in a basket dedicated to each of us. We'd chow down, then save some for later, then we'd chow down again. Easter, as far as a kid goes, was great.

Of course, binging on chocolate had absolutely nothing to do with the reason for the holiday or the reason I should have been honoring the holiday. As I've gotten older, holidays mean more. I've matured, so much so, I think if I didn't get any presents on Christmas or any treats on Easter, I don't think I'd care. Those two days are not about what you get to eat, but so much more. 

I think I'd still be bummed with no candy on Halloween.

When I saw the chocolate praying hands at the store, I thought they were weird. But, I should have thought just the opposite. It's chocolate bunnies and eggs that should be considered weird on Easter, not hands closed in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment