Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March Sadness...


 I wish there could have been three teams from Utah in the NCAA March Madness Men's Basketball Tournament. But, it was not to be. However, two strong teams represented the Beehive State, Brigham Young University and Utah State University.

Unfortunately, both were one and done.

I used to watch more college hoops. When I attended Utah State before my mission, I went to many USU games that season. That 84 - 85 team beat both BYU and Utah twice, home and away. It's the last USU team to win in Provo.

I was there.

It was great.

When I attended the U, we had season tickets in the Huntsman Center most of the years I attended. One year, we had tickets on the second row. Back then, you got in free as a student. After Rick Majerus and the Final Four team, I think the days of attending for free was over. My Utes have not made the tournament in several years. Now, they're looking for a new coach. We fans hope more successful days are ahead.

I was rooting for the local teams. I watched part of the USU game--strong first half, then Texas Tech began hitting the shots they missed in the second half and that was all it took. I watched the BYU game and it was closer than the score indicated. The Cougars played hard, but a few of the UCLA players were hitting everything and anything they put up...bummer.

Fans can always say, "There's always next year." It's the retort of fans of teams that did not end the season with a win, and there's only one team and one team's fans who don't have to say that...

Unless they think they'll win it all again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment