Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Crystal Hot Springs...A Cozy Place To Go




 "Hey," my wife said to me last week. "Let's go to Crystal Hot Springs on Friday."

"Sure," I said.

One of the things we looked forward to when we knew we were moving to Northern Utah was the close proximity to Chrystal Hot Springs in Honeyville, Utah. I'd never been, but my wife has and she is a fan.

After going, now I'm a fan, too.

It's been a while since I've been swimming. As a kid, I swam everyday in the summers (except Sundays...). I was a fish in search of water. Not that the hot springs is foremost a pool for swimming, but it's been a while since I donned a bathing suit and immersed myself in water. When I first saw our fellow hot springers, I thought in order to gain entrance to the facility I needed facial hair and several tattoos and that somehow, they overlooked that I had neither when we arrived, but they let me in anyway. Growing up, if someone had a beard and tattoos at the Lagoon pool, they were either ex-military or in a biker gang.

Times have changed.

But, I digress. The hot springs...were heavenly. 

Because it was cold outside, we hurried to one of the small pools first. What struck me most--after the incredible relaxing feeling of the water--was the minerals. There was a film on my skin when I got out of the water. I've been told the minerals in the water do more good than the heat or the steam.

While we were there, it snowed lightly. That was cool. Also, while we were there, a fellow hot springs patron struck up a conversation with us. We found out where he's from, that he's getting a divorce, that he's invested in Game Stop, and that Utah lawyers are not kind to husbands/fathers.

I don't know if the heat of the water or the materials causes a tongue to loosen, or just joints.

All in all, the experience was wonderful. We will be back. I will--once again--be beard-less and tattoo-less (the one I can't control, the other I can...). I'm glad we decided to drive the ten miles to the hot springs...a very cozy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment