Monday, March 15, 2021

There's More Than Just Clouds Up There...


 My wife, mom-in-law and I were outside this afternoon when I noticed something in the sky. At first I only saw a few birds, so I climbed up on a rock wall to get a better view. What I saw was amazing--the biggest flock of birds flying in a V-formation I'd ever seen.

It's difficult to see from the photo, but you can spot the front of the V just left and above the apex of the roof. The lines of birds continue both up and to the right and down to the right. We--as amateur bird watchers/spotters figure there were around one-hundred birds in that flock headed north...

Migrating.

There's a lot of cool things to see here. Before we moved, I'd lived in the same place for so long, I guess I'd seen so much of it, nothing seemed new. Now, everything we see seems new. I suppose that will wear off in time, but for now, it's exciting--you don't know what's next.

I've heard from friends who lived in this valley years ago. One specifically pointed out all the amazing birds there are to see up here. Since I'm an amateur watcher/spotter, I haven't been seeking out the birds that can be found in the skies above the valley. Who knows...maybe I might be a little more active in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment