Saturday, March 13, 2021

Folks...I Don't Know If I'll Ever Eat Another Crumbl Cookie Again


 Thursday, we were out and about, running errands and picking up stuff. We had some time to kill before our appointed time to get our groceries so we decided to stop and get a treat. I mentioned that Crumbl Cookies had a store in a strip mall near the grocery store. I'd never been, but I'm not one to turn down a cookie. They must be pretty good, I thought, since they can stay in business selling only cookies.

That's where I was wrong.

The cookie I had wasn't pretty good.

It was amazing.

As a kid, I ate so much junk food. My mom used to buy the gallon ice cream tubs and I would have a bowl of ice cream almost every day. Back then, I could not gain weight to save my life. On my first drivers license I got when I was sixteen-years old it listed my official weight as 103 lbs (times sure have changed...). I was sent on a church mission to Denmark. You know what they have in Denmark besides Lutherans who don't want to convert?

Danish pastry.

And, boy--did I eat my share of Danish pastry while I was there (still couldn't gain weight...). I have so many delicious memories of the Danish people and their food.

But I digress...

I brought my raspberry and cream cheese Crumbl cookie home and dug into it. A thought...as I get older, I'm realizing I can't do some things I used to do, or if I can still do things, I don't do them as well. Eating huge delicious desserts appears to be one of those things. I could not finish the cookie in one sitting so I had to put the uneaten half of the cookie in the fridge. I devoured it the next night. The reason I may never eat another one is because it was so good and so rich, it sort of sat in my stomach the rest of the night.

As many things go, I'll probably change my mind if I'm ever near a Crumble Cookie store and feeling a bit peckish. I may try one again--never say never. But, in all seriousness, I can understand the franchise's success....they make a good cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment