Tuesday, March 23, 2021

BJ Salmond's "Grudges And Grace"...Available Today


 It's been a few years since I last saw Brad, or BJ as it's printed on the book cover. About twenty years ago he and I worked on the same floor in the same building, each work day, Monday through Friday. Several weeks ago I ran across a post on a Facebook writer group of which I am a part.

Brad was asking for advice for his new book.

Dude's an author! I had no idea.

BJ Salmond's Grudges and Grace came out today. You can order the book for yourself by clicking: HERE. Since I got into this writing world, I've met many authors. BJ is the first I met that I already knew.

Grudges and Grace is historical fiction set in the mid-nineteenth-century middle America. We meet William Chestnut, a young man who wants more than a life on the farm. He dreams of the business world. What I found interesting in Salmond's storytelling are the details. If you were to take a snapshot of a person's life, they may be interested in sports, or politics, or their career, or even thinking about downtime. Salmond includes details that put me not only in the scene, but in the time of these people.

The novel is based on a true story. Historical fiction is a genre I enjoy, even though I don't read it often anymore. The good news is Grudges and Grace is only the beginning. I look forward to see more books from BJ Salmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment