Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Came Across An Awesome Picture...How Many Do You Recognize?


 I was posting pictures on social media earlier this week when I came across a photo. I had to stop and take a closer look. It was a picture celebrating Paramount Pictures's 75th Anniversary.

And it was awesome!

I think the first person I recognized was Charlton Heston, then Elizabeth Taylor, then Tom Cruise, then more and more, and it just kept going and going. It's odd to see so many stars in one photo. I did a little searching and I found a website that lists everyone in the photo. You can access the site by clicking: HERE.

Back in 1987 I was twenty-two. I had just begun attending classes at the University of Utah. I was just starting out--those in the picture, almost all older than me, had already been involved in their careers for years, decades. Some were nearing the end of their entertaining days, and even their lives. Others had scores of entertaining to do, movies to make, memories to create.

What I like most about the picture, is when I recognize a face, I remember seeing them in a film or show and the memories come flooding back. Deforest Kelley and the other Star Trek actors conjures reminds me of the days after school watching re-runs of the show in syndication, then later in their films. Kevin Costner, Harrison Ford, Olivia Newton John...there's just so many, each conjuring memories of the art of they created.

It also takes me back to a simpler time, a time of my youth. I know, of course, that no time is actually "simple." Every time has its challenges...I suppose it's normal to reflect of earlier times as better. Maybe it's best we forget the bad and hold on to the good. Looking at this picture, I remember a lot of the good.

Check out the website. See how you did recognizing. Maybe it'll bring back good memories for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment