Thursday, March 4, 2021

You Can't Take The...Gym...From Me


 When I worked in an office building there were times when I took advantage of the gyms located on the premises. I wasn't an everyday gym user, mostly because it involved changing clothes, working out, showering (when they had showers...), and all those things took time.

Amazing what a change of venue can do.

Our little gym is nowhere near as nice as the gyms in those office buildings. We have three machines, a mini-trampoline, and a yoga ball. We do, however, have a TV and a library of DVDs. I've been spending at least fifteen minutes in our gym every workday. I chose, for my workout entertainment, the 1994 miniseries, The Stand. I finished that last week. This week, it's Joss Whedon's, Firefly.

I'd forgotten how good it is.

I've watched the movie from the series, Serenity, several times. Great show, but I didn't watch the series when it was on years ago, and when I did watch the series after buying it, I liked it, but like most Firefly fans, I wanted more. Unfortunately, no more were made.

I know many people who work out to music--not a bad choice, something I can definitely get behind. But, when I watch part of a show, it helps me want to come back and keep watching. It's like the opposite of bing-watching. It's slow-watching.

There's multiple Firefly DVDs. If I continue to work out in our little gym (which I totally plan on doing...), I'll get through the entire series probably next month. Then, as I was the first time I watched the series, I'll be sad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment