Saturday, March 27, 2021

Yeah...But Which One?

 

My sons and I found ourselves yesterday in a Game Stop store. If you're unfamiliar with the store, it's full of video games, game-related items, and pop culture knick-knacks. It's Geek Nirvana. My sons were looking for things to buy. To be honest, when I go inside, I see things that would be cool to have, but since I'm not a big video gamer, I usually leave the store having bought nothing for me.

But, I did see a couple of items I thought maybe I'd want.

Mini-Pop keychain figures. Harry Dunne and Lloyd Christmas, in party attire.

Dumb and Dumber is one of my guilty pleasures. It's a classic film...crude, yes, but a classic. The fact that part of it was filmed in Utah and has some local actors in it that I know is a bonus.

I thought about getting a keychain, but which one? 

The obvious answer is Lloyd. Jim Carrey is a comedic genius. Jeff Daniels puts in a good performance, but next to Carrey, almost anyone would pale in comparison. As I held them both, I felt I could not split them up, and I didn't need, nor was I going to buy two keychains (truth be told, I didn't need even one keychain...). Plus, since it was a keychain, I was going to put in on my keyring. Two would be too many.

There were a few others from which to choose, but none as awesome at these two. My son was checking out the one thing he picked, and as an impulse, I grabbed a keychain on the rack and bought it. Was it Harry? Was it Lloyd?

Nope.

I walked out with C-3PO.

A solid choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment