Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Spring College Football...Love It!


 The game should have taken place last fall...

Lots of things should have happened last fall.

But, because of circumstances beyond their control, the game took place Saturday afternoon in Ogden Utah. And it was great. About this time of year, I've usually had my fill of football. This, however, was no ordinary sports year. I didn't watch any pro football, and the team I like to watch the most--the University of Utah Utes--only played part of a season. Then, their superstar freshman passed away...it sort of sours things.

Usually, I'm okay with no football. Then, in the summer, I start to get itchy. I even search out and watch Canadian pro football. It's not a bad product, especially considering there's no other football to watch. The summer's the worst part--with college football ramping up, they keep pumping out stories from college summer camps, anticipation builds...got to watch something.

I thoroughly loved watching Weber State--one of my alma maters--beat UC Davis on Saturday. They looked lethargic in the first half, but came back strong in the second. It would have been fun to attend. The commentators on TV discussed how much they enjoyed watching spring ball, too. They listed some of the"pros" having the smaller football conferences play in the spring. I agreed with them. Schools playing in the spring could bring attention to their programs, because it would be the only game in town.

I doubt spring ball will happen...change is difficult. But, these are not ordinary times. 



No comments:

Post a Comment