Monday, August 7, 2023

Beautiful Writing Advice...


 Back when I didn't know how to use Twitter/X (and, many times I don't know if I've ever truly learned how to use it...), I started following writers. Not every writer, mind you, but those I found interesting, those who looked like they'd be a fun follow. I'll most likely never meet most of them in person, but if you're an aspiring writer, following writers on TwitterX is a good way to insert yourself into the writing community.

When you follow writers, you're bound to see a lot of writing advice...some good, some terrible...

And some beautiful.

The other day I came across some writing advice on Twitter/X that was precisely that...beautiful. 

I included the screenshot because I'm not 100% sure who to credit, but you can see who posted the tweet/X I saw. What captured my attention was the way the flow was broken down, how the reader is presented information that flows. The writer said it best, "The writing sings."

I've been tinkering with this writing thing for about fifteen years. I've met some incredible writers in that time and read some of the most amazing stories from those writers. A lot of good writing--in my opinion--is cerebral, from the sub-conscience...unfortunately, something that cannot be taught. I don't believe that last one completely, but actually, yes I do.

Every writer can improve their craft and some are true masters. Such is life, might as well accept it and do your best. Read the above passage again.

Write music.



No comments:

Post a Comment