Friday, August 4, 2023

The Experiment...Pretty Much How I Thought It Would Go


 It's been a few days...

My Thoughts.

I saw the add for an anti-snoring device. They claimed it was a "miniCPAP" machine. I knew immediately, that was false. I've never used a CPAP machine. I don't know if I've ever seen a CPAP machine, but I KNOW whatever this was, it wasn't a CPAP machine in miniature. 

Still...

It was around $19 and since I had something else I wanted to order on Amazon, I thought, why not? It arrived two days later (a modern miracle...). First impression...I thought the fans would be more powerful. They blew air, but no pressure. Okay, I thought. Any air might help. I wasn't going to discount it yet.


Plus, I mean, check out the ad! Those people are sleeping comfortably with a tiny bean stuck under their noses. It must work and it must be something that's almost undetectable.

Not so much...

It's big enough to not be a bean. It's more like a small tomato. It comes with two nose attachments, one smaller than the other. I tried them both. The bigger one worked for me, and when I say "work" I mean, it didn't fall off my face when I turned my head on its side (which, by the way, is one of the recommendations listed on the box to help stop snoring...). 

First night, it popped right off as I tried going to sleep. I attached it again to my face, but woke up a few hours later and it was on the bed beside me. The next night with the larger attachment, it actually stayed in...at least, for a few more minutes. I don't know exactly when it fell off because I was asleep at the time and most likely, snoring.

I posted the picture of the item on social media after I got it. I had many comments from friends telling me about their CPAP experience--most raved at how it has literally changed their lives. I've never seriously thought about getting a CPAP machine. Based on their comments, I'm probably a prime candidate. I always thought I'd feel claustrophobic with something strapped to my face--a la Alien, but everyone else seems to get used to it and it's worth whatever discomfort they may have had for them to wear the things.

I can say that even though this is in no way a CPAP machine, it is (sort of...) attached to my face and I've been able to fall asleep with it there. Maybe trying this little thing out was worth it after all, and the nineteen bucks isn't a total waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment