Friday, August 18, 2023

I Have The Hat...I Must Be A Fan


 I found this hat last year when we passed a sale originating from someone's yard. They had a lot of cool stuff. I ended up buying a hat with the emblem of a local professional sports team in it.

Real Salt Lake.

I have many hats. I wear many hats. The hats advertise a lot of things, but mostly sports teams and the sport team of which I have the most hats are my beloved Utah Utes. I'm a sucker for a good U of U hat. The fact that Utah's colors are crimson and white helps...red is my favorite color.

One of the colors of the Real Salt Lake MLS soccer team is red-ish. Their official colors are Real Gold, Cobalt Blue, and Claret Red. I like the red...it's the color of my car. It's a little darker than I'm used to.

I was once a big sports fan, and not just watching sports on TV (which is pretty much all I do now...), but an actual "go to the game, sit my butt down in a seat" fan. In college I went to a lot of football and basketball games. They were fun, even though the football team isn't what it now is, and the basketball team was much more successful than it now it. I was also fortunate enough to work for the Utah Jazz for a few seasons. I saw a lot of their games, too.

I've been a fan of Real Salt Lake ever since the franchise began in Utah in 2004, but I never owned any Real Salt Lake gear. In fact, the hat was the first piece of Real Salt Lake clothing I've ever owned. I had tons of Utah Utes stuff, even some Utah Jazz, but nothing Real Salt Lake-themed.

Another oddity for a self-proclaimed fan is I've only attended one Real Salt Lake game. It was also the only MLS game I've seen. It was a several years ago and I went because a friend of mine had suite seats and he couldn't go. My son and I had a great time, and Real won, which made it that much better.

Yes, I am a Real Salt Lake fan...

The hat proves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment