Wednesday, August 2, 2023

You Never Know What You're Going To Get...Unless You Do Some Research, Of Course


 It seemed to take our new flowers a long time to get here. When we put together our front yard, we decided to plant flowers. We bought some spring bulbs and planted them in the fall. We waited half a year before we saw them.

They were worth the wait.

This spring, we happened upon more bulbs. I didn't know what kind they were, but we planted them anyway. Had I done a little research, I would have known. The starts sprang out of the ground relatively quickly, then we waited...

And waited...

And waited...

The stalks grew and grew. I wondered if we'd get any flowers at all, but eventually, the flowers arrived.

They weren't what I expected.

Now, to be honest, I had no idea what they would look like...maybe like tulips or some of the other spring flowers we have. What we got are beautiful, spiky things in vibrant colors.

It's been fun waiting to see what would eventually show up in our little flower patch. It's one of the funner things of gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment