Tuesday, August 29, 2023

We Missed The Rodeo...Again


 This past weekend at the little hamlet in which we live marked one of the biggest of the year. You see, it's the week of the Box Elder County Fair.

It's a big deal.

One of the most anticipated events of the fair is the rodeo. It's so popular on local online bulletin boards people have been asking for weeks for any extra rodeo tickets that might be available. It's our version of a Taylor Swift concert...

Well, maybe not to that degree, but you get the idea.

As a child, my father got tickets to Lagoon Amusement Park's weekly rodeos. I believe the rodeos were on Friday nights...either that, or they were on Saturday nights and the Demolition Derbies were on Fridays. I can't remember...it was more than fifty years ago. Point is, I went to a lot of rodeos as a youngling. 

I"m not anti-rodeo. I'd go, if given the chance. Since we moved here, I have no idea how difficult it is to secure tickets to the rodeos. I imagine, it's quite tough. This tells me a couple of things...one--it's a great show. If people are asking strangers for extra tickets, it must be worth it. And two--the spirit of the old west is alive and kicking in this part of the country.

The day after the fair ended, my son and I drove around the fairgrounds. I snapped a picture of some of the rodeo participants waiting for their next adventure. Maybe next year we'll try and attend. We ought to experience what so many of our neighbors and friends already know. The rodeo at the Box Elder County Fair is a good time...

And a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment